Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Delicious Cake Recipe



Good Morning! How is everyone doing today? I'm still sewing on the surgical caps; just love all the different fabrics I'm pulling from my stash. Hope all the nurses do, too.
Do you like to bake? I don't bake as much as I used to, but this is a favorite of my family. I got the recipe from my MIL. Enjoy!

LYNN'S CAKE
3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups oil
1 (8oz) can crushed pineapple, drained
2 cups mashed bananas
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1 tsp. vanilla
Mix dry ingredients; set aside. Mix eggs, pineapple, nuts, bananas and oil; add vanilla. Make hole in center of flour; put in cream mixture. Stir lightly; do not beat. Bake in tube or Bundt pan at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Cover with powdered sugar glaze..

No comments:

Post a Comment