Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thursday, the 28th


I was just reading in my friend's blog; she posted some of her history. I thought it was interesting, so thought I would write a little about myself. Even though I've lived in Texas all my life, I'm not a "native". My mother went home to her hometown to have all three of her children. So, my birthplace is Crowley, LA; I call myself a cajun Texan, lol. At six weeks old, I came to Texas and have lived here every since. I do have lots of relatives left in Crowley; not as many as the oldest generation have passed away. At one of the aunts funeral, my cousins and I realized we are the oldest ones now. How strange! We had a few family reunions a few years back; maybe they'll do another one sometime. Of course, it will make me sad, as my parents were still alive for the last one. OK, enough for now. I'll post again another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment