Saturday, March 5, 2011

My Postage Stamp Quilt progress

The rain finally stopped today; now it's getting cold. This is typical Texas weather. If you don't like the weather, wait around and it will change.
I decided to do something totally different. For years, I've been fascinated by the Postage Stamp quilt. So, I've started cutting out squares for one. My square size will be 2", even though I know most of the quilts are 1" to 1 1/2". I have about 75 cut out for me and 200 cut out to trade (50 squares times 4). The photo shows the squares I cut for myself so far. When I start my sewing, I will post again.
Have you ever wanted to try one? If so, join me.

1 comment:

  1. I am not up to any new challenges now but can't wait to see how yours turns out. I am so tired of cutting squares for quilts that I think I might need to take a break. Working on some Easter stuff now.

    ReplyDelete