Thursday, November 25, 2010

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. I remember all the wonderful days from years past. In my youth, we went to my grandparents house in Louisiana. My mother was the youngest of 6 siblings; all were still living at the time. Grandma's house was overflowing with uncles, aunts, and cousins. In later years, we spent the day at our other grandparents' house in Groves. Dad was one of 3; so, we spent day with aunts, uncles and cousins also. After both sets of grandparents were gone, we spent the day at my parents' house. As the years went by, my two brothers and I added spouses, children, and grandkids to our mixture. Even though I treasure all those years, I'm thankful for the prenent day. Today Rochelle & I will be having dinner with our oldest son & our youngest daughter and their families. We'll miss our other daughter & son and their families. I am especially thankful for my husband of 39 years.

2 comments:

  1. hope you have a wonderful day..I know what you mean, in years past we always had many family members come together for the day...but now its just us..the good part is our sons will be here plus my oldest fiancee and our boarder so we won't be alone.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember all the T G days as a child too but even more so I remember the Christmases and now we are to far from anyone to all get together (with kids and their families) but Nellie is supposed to come home so that is better than last year in AL..It sucked.

    ReplyDelete