Thursday, September 17, 2009

2009 Walk to Cure Diabetics



I found this e-mail in my box today.... It is from my oldest DD, Jennifer, concerning my oldest DGD, Sarah:

Dear Friends,


Our family recently accepted the challenge of walking in the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation’s (JDRF) fund-raising event, Walk to Cure Diabetes on September 26. We are taking part in this event because I believe in and support JDRF’s mission: to find a cure for diabetes and its complications through the support of research.

Sarah was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes at only 15 months of age. She will be 10 years old in October and we would like nothing better than to see her cured of this horrible disease. The thousands of finger pricks are now a way of life, but not a cure. Unlike many diseases, this is not a dream. A cure is in sight and within our reach.

I’m writing to ask for your support by making a tax-deductible to JDRF, even the smallest amounts will help. Together, we can make the cure a reality.



If you would like to donate in Sarah,s name, please contact me. Thanks for caring!

3 comments:

  1. Where do we send our contribution,Lynne?? Yes this is an awful disease and I will pray for your walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If anyone would like to e-mail me at meremer2004@yahoo.com, I can send a direct link to donate in my granddaughter's name. Thanks for supporting a great cause.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a wonderful thing that your DD is doing..I am always proud of Nellie when she does a walk for something important..The world needs more that will do that

    ReplyDelete