Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Beginning Memory Quilts

Here it is the middle of the night and I'm wide awake.  I went to bed early, but woke up with my mind thinking of new ideas.  I've had an order for some memory quilts and have finally started them.  There will be seven lap sized quilts in all.  I've never done them; but there is always a first time, right?  I want them all a little different and think I've come up with a plan.  I'm lucky that my customer is the best ever; and she's leaving everything up to me.  Also, it's very good that there are lots of clothes to choose from.  I'll blog about my progress.  Later on today, I'll have to take a photo of the beginning squares.  Forgot to take a photo of the clothes before I started cutting them up.  As a note, it was hard to take that first cut, lol.  If anyone has any ideas, I would surely appreciate them.  I'm doing this project as I've done most of my other quilting projects -- doing research on the internet and praying for the best.  I'm also keeping track of my expenses and my time.  I know I've undercharged, but this is a learning experience for me.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment